Monday, August 3, 2009

The Garden




Garden Fun! Finished the Blackberry patch fence, the trellis is from the house next door that they removed off an old porch and some picket fence. It was fun and looks really cute! The girls just picked the first batch and we made blackberry cheesecake!


The bird bath is new.... I know.... but I had to have it because it is a Lotus Flower. Very Zen with the random perennial bed, that is doing splendid thanks to some great wild flower seeds and roses from our wedding last Fall. More pics to come of a few projects that are getting their final touches.. hopefully this afternoon if I can stand the heat, pushing 100 degrees plus...ugh
Can't believe it's August..... but look forward to planting a new section of daffodils!

2 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

YUMMY!! Youguys would love all the wild blackberries that grow everywhere here. You can pick your heart out. HOT HOT HOT!! Glad I'm not there for that.

The Velas said...

where is my cheesecake??? you have done amazing work on your yard-love ya-jam